Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Junk Food For Dinner (A Boring Health-Related Post)


I've been feeling so overwhelmed lately. Work is exhausting yet often tedious, and I am not hitting the gym as much as I should be. To help make up for my backsliding, I end up walking home from work most days and running errands on foot. Or, like one of my friends says, "putting the ol' 'get off the subway a few stops early' weight-control plan into place."

If I were living this way (long stretches of being seated, not going to the gym enough, and eating junk food for dinner), in any other city in the United States, with the possibly hilly exception of San Francisco, I'd be a cow. Luckily, one can stay in reasonably good shape in New York just by walking a lot, carrying groceries home, taking the stairs, etc.

So the occassional slice of chocolate cake for dinner won't ruin things, at least not just yet. Good thing, because I just had a very fugdey brownie from Blockhead's for dinner.

No comments: